So you have your idea together, you’re trying to figure out what to write but where do you start? You want to create some killer written content.
I’ll be looking at a blank screen and then my mind follows, it goes blank, other times I can’t stop, content just keeps coming and coming …
I know I’m not the only one this happens to, so to help myself later on and to help you I have put this little strategy together.
Some tips to keep in the back of your mind:
- Make it SEO friendly (Search Engine Optimisation).
- Know your target audience.
- Use terms that are recognisable and relate to the service you provide.
- Be genuine and authentic in what you are saying.
- Get someone to proof read it before you go to publish.
A quick and simple format to follow: Who, what, when, where, why & how
- Who are you and do you have a team or are you flying solo?
- What do you and the business stand for? What drives you? What’s your passion? What do you love?
- When did the business started.
- Why did you started your business, share your story?
- Share your future goals, what is your dream goal?
- How does this help them?
- Call to action, what do you want them to do? Email, signup or other?
Be careful not to make your description too short, put some time into it, it shows that you’re passionate about it and truely care.
Make it too long and people generally won’t read all of it, everyone has busy lives to attend to and remember most people use their phones to read and the small screen can get frustrating, this is why we limit our description space on our members Fembuiz page.
Also copy and paste all your written content into an App such as notes or a word document incase you to want to use it again somewhere later.
Don’t forget to do a google search for POWER WORDS for your niche. Collect as many words as you think people will commonly use to hunt your business down and trigger a response turning people from new potential clients to actual clients.
Create yourself a nice document, print this out and place it above your desk so these words remain in your face and you use them.
Here’s a quick list of power words recommended to use; new, free, imagine, because, instant, how to.
Visit this site to read up on some more tips with power words.
Another idea for inspiration for your written content… Start a creative display folder that you can place the print out of your power words, if you see written content in a magazine you like that gives you inspiration, rip it out and place in it the same folder, keep adding information, tips, notes you find or make to your inspiration folder.
Still stuck on what to write?
Check out the creative content writers we have listed on the website that will be excited to hear from you and happy to help, you can email them directly for a quote, another tip; Ask them if they have experience in creating content for your niche and how they charge for “X” amount of words.
Check out the website and start creating a business listing today >> Click here <<